San Diego Music History :  Che Underground: The Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Discuss the twists and turns of San Diego's rock-'n'-roll underground, yesterday and today 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"Recent" creative projects?
Posted by: Mmrothenberg (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2008 02:16PM

Besides its role as an early-'80s nostalgia-fest for San Diego rockers of a certain age, I like Che Underground as a platform to catch up on the music and other creative projects we've done since the Reagan Administration! :-)

We've heard a bit about Paul Howland's Dubstep work and checked a few 21st Century MP3s by Ray Brandes and Lemons Are Yellow. I'm posting stuff I did with the Ho Hos and Amazons in SF in the '90s (a curatorial project that's actually kicking my butt to start making music in years starting with a "2.") Dave Fleminger submitted a performance by Boo, also from the '90s.

What else can we share to bring our stories up to date? We've got a lot of creative people here with a lot of productive years among them ... Who's got work to share?

Re: "Recent" creative projects?
Posted by: matt johnson (IP Logged)
Date: July 31, 2008 03:10PM

The track "Stuck" that plays on my myspace when you open it is an original of the band I'm currently in. I like it, and am trying to move the band in that direction (originals), and away from the blues standards.

Date: July 31, 2008 04:13PM

Matt -- wanna give me a text and pictures/MP3s? It'll be my pleasure to promote.

Posted by: Dave Ellison (IP Logged)
Date: July 31, 2008 07:23PM

For all anyone knows, some people might be up to something RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT that no one knows about.

But they'll find out.

heh.

Posted by: Toby (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2008 01:01AM

Good god the suspense is killing me.

Posted by: matt johnson (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2008 05:03PM

Matt - Okay, after numerous nudges on your part, I'll admit it. I'm not a computer whiz! Can you get the stuff from the Shades of Blues myspace site? I'm trying to track down that photo of Joey Ramone and I, and will scan (with some help from my secretary) and send it to you along with one Joe Hughes and I took in ATL last weekend....

Date: August 02, 2008 08:44AM

OK, Matt, we'll work on it. :-) Want to e-mail me a writeup of your recent musical doings?

N.b.: Editorially speaking, considering how what we did then helped shape what you like to do now artistically -- or how you've broken with the past -- is always a good way of getting the conversation started.

Posted by: clay (IP Logged)
Date: July 05, 2009 12:56AM

i think it's ALWAYS a good idea to move one's band in THE OTHER direction...
that is away from blues standards.
in fact, i felt that way 30 years ago.....

Posted by: leatherfaery (IP Logged)
Date: July 12, 2009 01:01AM

Hairfight ! queercoregorewhoreforsure

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.