San Diego Music History :  Che Underground: The Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Discuss the twists and turns of San Diego's rock-'n'-roll underground, yesterday and today 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
my new fave band
Posted by: dylan rogers (IP Logged)
Date: April 01, 2009 10:55PM

A friend turned me on to these guys not to long ago, this is the kind of stuff I really get off on.... Three Black brothers in Detroit back in 1973 influenced by The Stooges, the band is called "Death". I wonder if the guys from Bad Brains were influenced by this band? Kind of sounds like it!
The text on the myspace is hard to read but if you highlight it, you can read ther story better. Hope ya dig! [www.myspace.com]

Re: my new fave band
Posted by: ava (IP Logged)
Date: April 03, 2009 09:34AM

i've been on a neko case jag. she's awesome. but the band i go to over and over these days is the black keys. i freaking love dan auerbach. he's got the best voice. mmmm, he's like the male janis.

Posted by: dylan rogers (IP Logged)
Date: April 03, 2009 12:06PM

Ava, the black keys are a good band for sure, dan auerbach is one talented dude, but I gotta say I think he is a much better guitar player than singer, he can sing but what really grabs me is his picking, the guy can play the blues. dan auerbach has new solo album, i have only heard one tune and i dig it, more of a folkie country sound. he also played a free gig a hodads in O.B. not long ago.... another cool band to check out is The Black Lips, those kids are on fire, there first record on bomb sounds kind of like The Gravedigger V and now there rockstars......?... I guess some people where ahead of there time, or so behind the times they were ahead..... i have been around, gigged with and stood in crowd for alot of the (garage)rockstars of today because of my own music, it trips me out to see people I knew,saw or played with do good in music, the white stripes really open alot of doors and helped out alot of there friends like the Black Keys....what ways I talking about? the word black?

Posted by: ava (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2009 12:51PM

jack white has his fingers in so many of the kick ass music pies.

gotta love a man who can collabo with both loretta lynn and alicia keys.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.