San Diego Music History :  Che Underground: The Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Discuss the twists and turns of San Diego's rock-'n'-roll underground, yesterday and today 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Not quite a San Diego punk...
Posted by: Denise (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2009 10:23PM

...but I grew up in the early to mid-eighties la punk scene, and found this site through toby. i've been living in san diego for about a year and wanted to say hello to some like-minded people. i didn't get down to san diego too often back then, but i knew (more like i knew of) a couple of people. terry marine is the one i remember most. anyone on here from toby's old early eighties punk rock survivor board?

Re: Not quite a San Diego punk...
Posted by: Mark Di'Zizzo (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2009 01:16PM

Who`d want to come to San Diego when you live in the Punk Rock hot bed?

Date: May 03, 2009 02:18PM

yeah. back then about the furthest we would travel south was to the cuckoo's nest! times change, tho!

Posted by: Mark Di'Zizzo (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2009 02:25PM

BTW,
Terry Marine was(And Im sure still is)a really cool guy and a San Diego Icon, He had some of the coolest parties back in the day... I was just a pup then and he was like 5 yrs older than I was, But he could scare the shit out of some people, Me included.....LOL

Date: May 03, 2009 02:34PM

yeah, i remember him! he knew quite a few people in la, and was always the person who knew where everything cool that was happening in san diego. i wish my memory wasn't so foggy, but i'm pretty sure most of the la bands that came to san diego would get hooked up with parties and shows through him.

Date: May 03, 2009 02:36PM

speaking of san diego people, did carl blackmarket ever finish his documentary on marc rude?

Posted by: MadMike (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2009 04:35PM

"speaking of san diego people, did carl blackmarket ever finish his documentary on marc rude?"

might want to ask him???
I have his e-mail address around here somewhere..if you would like it feel free to contact me via Matt

Date: May 20, 2009 07:42PM

thanks! i have his email around, somewhere.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.