San Diego Music History :  Che Underground: The Forum The fastest message board... ever.
Discuss the twists and turns of San Diego's rock-'n'-roll underground, yesterday and today 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Who was your first San Diego influence?
Posted by: Bruce Perreault (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2009 08:38PM

I've also been referred to that way... with pride. It's nice not to have to put on macho bullshit airs all your life. Proves that you know who you are and are confident.

I need a resume boost. Where do I put this??

bruce

Posted by: Mmrothenberg (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2009 08:43PM

Bruce: I'd file it under "Clubs and Organizations."

Date: April 04, 2009 09:08PM

But MATT. I don't REALLY belong...isn't that fraud??

bruce

Date: April 04, 2009 09:10PM

You made me an honorary Injection!

Date: April 04, 2009 09:51PM

No, you REALLY belong. Plus I'm trying to get in with the Manhattan literary circle...figured this couldn't hurt. Do you know Ira Glass personally... any NEW YORKER writers??

WHY do I have to erase Bruce Injection and type in Bruce Perreault every time I log in. AND what's up with that other little blog thing you run???

Bruce

Posted by: leatherfaery (IP Logged)
Date: April 04, 2009 09:57PM

On another note...the zeros rehearsed ecently...all original members. It was posted on facebook...one of the gusy I forget which one. I wrote "what about a zeros &injection show. ha. You game bruce??

Date: April 04, 2009 09:59PM

recently..not ecently although ecently might have been sooner

Date: April 04, 2009 10:04PM

I think the ZEROS would give us a lot of attitude. Weren't they kind of "rock Stars"? They were our predecessors though.

I always like to play with new, young, bands that make people crazy and don't mind going on first.

I don't know Joe... but this dialogue is a good start.

Date: April 04, 2009 10:09PM

What do you mean about the blog, Bruce? It shat the bed on Thursday -- again! -- and switched off commenting on all the posts, but it should be OK now.

Is the Injections thread not taking more comments? Maybe 700 is the limit ... If so, we can start an Injections II post.

Talk to me.

Date: April 04, 2009 10:21PM

I can't post or see replies on any threads???

Date: April 04, 2009 10:32PM

OK, Bruce -- I just went and kicked something else in the blog control room. Try again.

Now, where are you trying to log in where it says "Bruce Injection" and you want to be Perreault? I'm seeing nothing.

Date: April 04, 2009 10:37PM

OK you ARE the man. All worky good. BUT. I think I'll email you re: my different names/passwords.

I really believe there is a control room somewhere and you DO kick things to make them work.

Thanks man.

Posted by: Toby (IP Logged)
Date: April 05, 2009 02:37PM

Bruce Perreault Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've also been referred to that way... with pride.
> It's nice not to have to put on macho bullshit
> airs all your life. Proves that you know who you
> are and are confident.
>
> I need a resume boost. Where do I put this??
>
> bruce

Sorry girls- androgyny is just a fad- yet another fashion statement that lets the skinny kids get girls. I've known who I am and have been confident all my years, macho bullshit and all. winking smiley

Date: April 05, 2009 03:06PM

Toby: No, no -- I don't have the neat-and-petite thing going on ... I think his observation had more to do with my penchant for gushin', cryin' and huggin'! And ever since I supervised Elle's Web site, I do tend to refer to stuff as "amaaaaaaazing." And I call people "hon" a lot.

Who watches "Project Runway"? (Telling question in itself, ain't it?) That big guy, Chris, last season who makes jokes and does all the theatrical designs is a little close for comfort. :-)

Oh, and a southern friend's mom who hadn't spent much time in the urban north thought I was Harvey Fierstein! So ... Like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 04:20PM by Mmrothenberg.

Date: April 05, 2009 03:10PM

PS: I discovered in seventh grade that the surest way to avoid a fight was to pucker up and start threatening to KISS the guy. I used it a few times, chasing some kid around the playground while begging for just one little smooch!

Date: April 05, 2009 04:09PM

Yeah I agree with MATT - not androgynous at all! FAR from it. Just happy not being a stereotypical "MANLY MAN". Don't have to watch sports, fight with guys, or abuse girls to prove how tough you are.

Restraint and control takes more inner, personal, strength than succumbing to primitive urges.

bruce

Date: April 05, 2009 04:25PM

Oh, I should mention: On casual Fridays, I *do* dress like Tim Curry in "Rocky Horror." Plus, we have bagels!

Date: April 05, 2009 06:33PM

Now, see I'm such a WASP. I prefer Susan Sarandon and tiny sandwiches of cream cheese and chives. Or better yet, scones... buttermilk of course, preferably with currants.

In my Episcopalian world there was a lot of Navy blue blazers, corduroy, denim skirts and pearls. Singing Old Hundredth, That Easter Day With Joy Was Bright, Ye Watchers and Ye Holy Ones, Victimae Pachalae Laudes, the Pange Lingua....all between the wormwood and the gall.

Little New England towns. White steeples, three hundred year old homes ... the men can all sail, the women work for charitable causes...no one talks about their cancer.

bruce

Date: April 06, 2009 04:09AM

Bruce Perreault Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I agree with MATT - not androgynous at all!
> FAR from it. Just happy not being a stereotypical
> "MANLY MAN". Don't have to watch sports, fight
> with guys, or abuse girls to prove how tough you
> are.
>
> Restraint and control takes more inner, personal,
> strength than succumbing to primitive urges.
>
> bruce

I don't watch sports- never have. I treat girls with the utmost respect. And I fight with guys because it's fun. I NEVER fight with anyone who doesn't want to fight- I actually make it a habit to let them find me- that's just good business. It's been a long time since I had to prove I was tough. Using the restraint and control to choose your battles wisely, and standing up and taking on your foes also takes a modicum of strength.

Posted by: ava (IP Logged)
Date: April 06, 2009 10:10AM

toby, i'm starting to adore you. mostly for the no sports thing. ;-)

Date: April 06, 2009 06:06PM

Apparently every dog has his day. winking smiley

Date: April 06, 2009 06:48PM

I am thinking of reclaiming the term "sissy" as a personal expression of empowerment. Anybody else want in?

Date: April 07, 2009 01:48AM

I hope Bruce knows I'm just being an ass and playing the devil's advocate, as every good punk is obligated to. winking smiley

As my gay yoga teacher neighbor says (over and over and oooverrrr): It's all about the love! (One day I told him I was going to write that on a brick and throw it through his window.)

Date: April 07, 2009 01:56PM

Toby - you put the "unk" in punk, you cool.

Date: April 07, 2009 02:36PM

Gay yoga teachers do it naked.

Date: April 07, 2009 02:47PM

Gives a whole new meaning to "down dog."

Date: April 07, 2009 04:22PM

A whole nother level of fetishism.WOOF

Date: April 07, 2009 07:11PM

The nekkid yoga thing makes me skeptical. It sounds sweaty and gassy and ... dangly.

At my age, gimme some comfy sweats and a mellow environment. And perhaps a crew of handlers with a winch.

Date: April 08, 2009 01:47AM

That proves that you arent gay smiling smiley

Date: April 08, 2009 08:23AM

PS: Do not bring the kids to "Avenue Q" unless you want them to see Muppets having athletic intercourse in a smorgasbord of positions while a live actor portraying Gary Coleman brandishes a mop suggestively while urging them to get LOUD.

We went with Nancy's sister and her 23-year-old daughter, and even that was a little squirmy! LOL

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.